In Transit Permits

Intransit Permits

When you need to move an unregistered motor vehicle form one point to another, you can obtain an Intransit Permit.  You will need to provide valid ID, insurance for the vehicle that is valid over the period you will be needing the permit, and if the vehicle is leaving or entering Alberta from another Canadian jurisdiction you will also need proof of ownership.

Fees – All permits are $24.45

Moving a Vehicle within Alberta, permits are valid for 3 days

Moving a Vehicle from another Canadian jurisdiction to Alberta or from Alberta to another Canadian jurisdiction, permits are valid for up to 7 days.

Moving a Vehicle for repairs or serviceing, permits are valid for 7 days.

Moving a Salvage Vehivcle, permits are valid for 3 days.