Alberta Marriage Certificate


Marriage Certificate

Who can apply;

The bride or groom

Guardian, trustee, or person with power of attorney, legal documents must be provided.

A person who is a designated agent or designated by a personal directive for anyone above. Legal documents must be provided.

When the person who was a party to the marriage is deceased;

Adult next of kin, the executor of the estate or an adult relative may apply, in all cases proof of relationship, a death certificate and if needed a copy of the will must be provided.

Anyone may apply for a Marriage document when the marriage record is 75 years or older.